Andrew I. Caster, M.D.
Thank you for your interest in the Caster Eye Center and our Lasik specialist and laser eye surgeon, Dr. Andrew Caster. Our Los Angeles/Beverly Hills Lasik eye center is dedicated exclusively to Lasik laser vision correction and all of its variations. What does this mean for you? When you focus all of your energy and dedication toward one specific treatment, you learn to do it very, very well. Our patients receive the expertise and single-minded dedication that can only come from the focused practice of one type of treatment.
Dr. Caster has been an ophthalmologist for 30 years, shifting his practice exclusively to Lasik and all versions of laser vision correction in 1998. In that time, he has performed more than 30,000 laser treatments, including Lasik, Lasek, IntraLase, Femto-Lasik, PRK, and the latest version, Smile Lasik. Dr.Caster was one of the first twenty doctors selected to perform Lasik as part of the FDA approval process, and he has dedicated himself exclusively to laser vision correction since that time.
Get the Lasik Surgeon Los Angeles’ Top Athletes Choose
- Named “Best Lasik Surgeon in Los Angeles” by Los Angeles Magazine, out of more than 150 Lasik surgeons in the area.
- Voted to “Best Doctors in America” list by other eye specialists every year since 2005.
- Selected as one of two top Lasik surgeons in the U.S. by W Magazine.
- Honored by laser manufacturer Visx as one of their “Top 50” Laser Vision Correction doctors four years in a row.
- Only California doctor to serve as a member of the Alcon Refractive Surgery Clinical Advisory Board, a laser vision correction education and advisory group created by the largest eye care company in the world (Alcon).
- Dr. Caster’s book, Lasik: The Eye Laser Miracle, is the most-read book on laser vision correction in the U.S. It has been used at Harvard Medical School and is now in its fifth edition.
- Dr. Caster’s vision was corrected with Lasik in 1996. He has enjoyed excellent vision since that time. This personal experience helps Dr. Caster to understand your fears and concerns.
Get the Clear Choice – Ask For Caster Eye Center
Dr. Caster’s work with Lasik laser vision correction has been featured in many notable publications, including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and the Los Angeles Times. He has also been featured on NBC’s “Today” show, CBS News, ABC News, and Fox Sports. He has even performed Lasik treatment on several televison shows including “The Swan” and “Total Divas”. Many of our country’s most famous TV and movie stars, and many of our most well-known sports stars, have chosen Dr. Caster to improve their personal and professional lives with Lasik.
Dr. Caster isn’t the only member of the Caster Eye Center team. Every one of our technical employees has been with us for at least 15 years. Our chief laser technician, Alicia Sanchez, has worked at Caster Eye Center for almost 25 years. How are we able to keep such a talented staff for so long? We select the best people in the industry, continually train them and create an exceptional place to work with and help benefit our patients. Our work is very satisfying!
The majority of our staff (everyone who needed contact lenses or distance glasses) has had laser vision correction themselves, including Dr. Caster. They know first-hand the emotions our patients face, and they are uniquely equipped to ensure your maximum safety and comfort every step of the way.
Finally, we use the most advanced technology to treat all of our patients. All of our treatments use the most advanced software, the wavefront Custom treatment. Our preferred tools, the Zeiss VisuMax and Alcon Wavelight Allegretto, are the most advanced lasers in use today. With the VisuMax laser, we are able to offer the latest version of laser vision correction, Smile Lasik. With our wide array of variations of procedures, we can effectively treat a large majority of our patients.
Not everyone is a good candidate for laser vision correction. Compassionate patient care is at the heart of everything we do, and that’s why we only recommend our treatments to ideal candidates. We recommend to about 30% of our patients that they do not have laser vision correction, referring to other doctors when they can be better served by treatments we don’t perform. This ensures that every patient who comes through our doors gets the treatment they need, every time.